|YAMAHA DX-7IID /
|THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN D
AND FD IS BUILT-IN 3,5" FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
- Programmable 6-operator 32-algorithm digital FM tone generator (improvements include enhanced MIDI support, stereo panning, 6 envelope generators and enhanced 16-bit circuitry)
- Independent 8-parameter envelope generator for each operator
- 64-voice internal RAM memory and 32-performance memory
- Split and Layer mode
- Random patch shift allowing slight pitch changes
- Fractal scaling
- Cartridge slot for ROM and RAM cartridges - different type than the original DX-7 (64 voices capacity)
- 61-key velocity and after-touch sensitive keyboard
- 40 character two line backlit display
- 16-note polyphonic stereo output
- Sustain footswitch, portamento footswitch, volume and modulation controllers and breath controller inputs.
- Additional slider controller
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU terminals
Bensonīs page is probably the best resource for
Yamaha DX-7 users with thousands sounds and useful links.
Classic synth corner Official Yamaha page with links to editors, sounds, manual in pdf, etc.
Synthzone - Links to software, patches, company pages, etc.
Yamaha DX-7 Resource center (including software tools for Win and Mac)