Primary school boiler room modification- Bohuslavice u Zlína
Bohuslavice u Zlína
Municipality Bohuslavice u Zlína
763 51 Bohuslavice u Zlína
687 08 Buchlovice
Brief project description
- Disposal of old coke burning equipment.
- Environment improvement.
- Building new wood chips burning system.
- Local environment conditions improvement.
- Greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
Brief project description:
Project base / Original situation:
Primary school with attached nursery school used two boilers for space and domestic water heating.
Coke burning in these boilers affected municipal environment and its budget.
New boiler room installation with wood chips burning technology utilising existing boiler heat
exchangers. Modern control and instrumentation technique will guarantee minimalization of operation costs and its operation.
Utilisation of existing boiler room and fuel storage space.
Due to municipality financial limitation it was not posible to modify existing heating system
distribution and radiators.
The existing boiler room and the coke storage place was utilised for the installation of new more
modern equipment. Different floor levels between the boiler room and the storage space made the
installation more convenient. The storage space floor alteration for the floor conveyor formed the
main part of the civil works modification.
Heat source – technology
- Boiler room:
The boiler for the space and the domestic hot water heating of 250 kW nominal output is utilising wood chips fuel of approx.
Size 30x30x80 mm with 50% moisture content. The boiler construction allow icineration of some slag forming materials, such as bark and straw.
The automatic fuel feeding is regulated from the storage place, through to the incineration, up to the ash disposal. The automatic operation of the
system making permanent prepressence of operators unnecessary.
The boiler is constructed as a burner with existing boiler being utilised as the heat exchanger. Feed screw conveyor, burner, combustion chamber,
exhaust fan and multicyclone form boiler equipment. Part of the boiler is also electrical and hydraulic unit. Whole incineration process is regulated and could be adjusted to conditions required by the client.
The wood chips fuel is fed into the boiler trought fire proof unit by a screw conveyor. The burning fuel is progressively moved into automatic ash disposal unit and consequently to the container.
In case of a problem with wood chips supply, the light heating oil burner is provided. This burner may be installed directly into the heat exchanger.
- Fuel / Wood chips storage:
- The floor of the fuel storage place is equiped with a push rod system which is feeding wood
chips screw conveyor and subsequently the boiler screw stoker.
- Heating system:
- The boiler is connected to new distributor and collector. The system is divided into four heating arms
with automatic equitherm
regulation for each arm.
For the domestic hot water
is a separate arm with
a termostatic regulation.
- The boiler output regulation is automatic, based upon the temperature of the heating system. This is achieved by the mixing valve and the circulation pump.
Pace of project preparation
The project prepatation is mainly depending on the preparation of the project documentation which is acceptable by the state organisations. In this case,
the state organisation support of the project, made the preparation and the take-over easier
Thorough control of the project documentation eliminate consequential technical problems. The boiler combustion area is guaranteed by the performance testing.
Regular meetings and suppliers visits eliminated technical problems and program slippages.
||230 000 Kè
||€ 7 666,67
|Boiler and storage rooms
||1 750 000 Kè
||€ 58 333,33
||20 000 Kè
|Control and instrumentation
||90 000 Kè
||€ 3 000,00
||25 000 Kè
||65 000 Kè
||€ 2 166,67
||2 180 000 Kè
||€ 72 666,67
|| 486 600 Kè
||€ 16 220,00
||68 900 Kè
||€ 2 297,67
||15 810 Kè
||15 120 Kè
||108 000 Kè
||€ 3 600,00
||60 000 Kè
||€ 2 000,00
||10 000 Kè
||25 000 Kè
||620 410 Kè
||€ 20 680,33
||169 020 Kè
||€ 5 634,00
- The elimination of the coke burning and above project realisation reduced the harmful emissions, including the greenhouse gasses.
Futhermore, the ash disposal and the emissions fees were considerably reduced.
- The investor satisfaction with the heating energy costs reduction. The original operation costs were reduced by 2/3.
- Utilisation of the existing boiler room and the storage space.
- Cooperation of all suppliers and project executioners.
- Utilisation of waste wood from municipal forest
© Karel Nový-Neuwirth 2003
Optimal resolution 800x600